Sunday, October 30, 2011

Halloween and "Halloween"


Tomorrow it will be Halloween once again, and once again we will see crazy people who walk around in costumes all day long. For me, Halloween is a day I ignore everything that has to do with Halloween and secretly wish I were 8, so I could go trick-or-treating. Oh for the days of youth and free candy! Which begs the question, why, in the movie Halloween, don’t the babysitters take the children trick-or-treating? They are already horrible babysitters as it is, and yet they deprive those children of free candy. I think that is the real reason why Michael Meyers killed them off.

One part of Halloween that I like is going to places that have “haunted trails” or some such equally “scary” thing. I didn’t get to go this year, but in the past I have enjoyed the adrenaline rush of my irrational fear. Who doesn’t enjoy being chased by someone wielding a chain saw with the blades removed?

The one thing about Halloween that freaks me out is people with masks. I’m not talking about the little masks that only cover one’s eyes. I’m talking about the rubber full-face masks that hide your whole head. I don’t know why this freaks me out. Even if I know the person who puts on the mask and see them put it on, it freaks me out. So don’t put a mask on when you’re around me or I’ll assume you are Michael Meyers, and stab you in the neck with a knitting needle.

No comments:

Post a Comment