Saturday, December 31, 2011

Binge


There’s something about the old Star Wars Movies (IV, V, VI) that make me fall asleep. Don’t get me wrong. I love them. They are the best space movies ever!  I think they make me fall asleep because they are calming. A “comfort movie.” Like comfort food. You always feel better when you eat some comfort food. I would be in a seriously comfortable place if I was eating “cheesy noodles” while watching Star Wars. I don’t think of Star Wars as movies that make me fall asleep, so ringing in the New Year by watching the trilogy sounded like a perfect idea. After struggling to stay awake through the death star destruction, and missing Luke’s first battle and hand loss and the infamous line, “Luke I am your father!” “NO! NOOOOoooooooo!” (my favorite part). I gave up.

It has been a long time since I’ve really cared about staying up for new years. Maybe that’s because I never have new years resolutions. The only reason for that is because I’d rather resolve to start something on a different day than everybody else. But this year is different, 2011 I mean. I resolved to make new years resolutions.

2011 New Years Resolutions:
1.     Make New Years resolutions.

So maybe I should take in the last few hours of the year. Party it up. Because isn’t that what New Years Eve is all about? Binging before we give it all up?

2012 New Years Resolutions:
1.     Get used to a normal sleep schedule.
2.     Make up a list of New Years resolutions.

I think I’ll binge on sleep and ring in 2012 with some good ol’ Zzzz…..

1 comment:

  1. this is for you, since you have nothing to do
    http://www.momsreview4you.com/2012/01/star-wars-finger-puppets-craft.html

    ReplyDelete