Saturday, November 19, 2011

Spray Paint

Tonight I'm spraying some paint. It has to be done for a piece in my BFA graphic design exhibit. So I'm biding my time, in between coats, away at the computer lab. Nostalgia creeps its way into my thoughts as I realize this could be the last time I use this particular computer lab. Maybe I will never have another opportunity to use the spray booth before I leave this campus forever... I remember the first time I used the spray booth freshman year. A few of us from a class went in there together. The spray booth is a closed booth that sucks out air when turned on. We had been instructed that you must turn off the spray booth before you open the door. When we were done spraying, the button was not working to turn off the booth. Me, being the silent type, just stood back and let everyone figure it out. Some guy said that we couldn't get out because the air being sucked out of the room would make it so the door wouldn't open (idiot!). Some one else asked if we would suffocate in here (seriously?). A cry or two for help later, I walked over to the door and pushed it open. We tried to laugh it off, but we all went away from that moment feeling pretty foolish. No, I don't think I'll miss the spray booth all that much.

1 comment: